Monday, October 15, 2007

"On a Quest for English"

This article was really interesting, which is why I posted a link to it under the special needs heading on my blog. Basically the article's premise was that video games and virtual/online program can be effective tools for helping ELL students master conversational English. At first I was skeptical, especially since one of the games highlighted in the article was World of Warcraft, but as I read I began t see that perhaps the people spearheading this idea may be on to something. The cool thing about video games and virtual programs is that they are available to everyone...and with advances in the internet, people can link to and play with other gamers from across the world.

I encourage everyone to read this article and look for other articles about related things - it really is interesting!

No comments: