Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Grrrrrr Wireless!!

*sigh* Normally I am one to sing technology's praises, especially where my laptop is concerned. But for the past few weeks the wireless internet connection has been down up in the apartments and to be honest, I am now more than a little irritated that it has not been fixed. I know that being dependent on technology is not always a good thing, but in our apartment, this dependency on wireless connectivity is a must. My husband works from home so he needs a constant internet feed. We have one - I will say it again: ONE - internet plug-in in the entire apartment, even though it is one of the larger units on campus. Thus I have been unable to send/receive email, etc. from my home for a very long time. I wonder...is there a better way? is technology in this scenario a poor thing to have to depend on? Should we scrap the idea of wireless in favor of a more dependable system, whatever it may be? Let me know if you have any ideas.

No comments: